- Naples at your fingertips! Hop on and off the bus as you please
- Learn about Naples' history and culture with an audio guide on board
- Get to see all of Naples' famous landmarks in just 24 hours
- Perfect for tourists and first-time visitors to Naples
Open-top sightseeing bus tours are an excellent way to take in the top sights of Naples in just a few hours. We suggest joining a hop-on-hop-off Naples bus tour to get an overview of the city's most important landmarks, stopping at those that interest you most to explore further.
The hop-on-hop-off city bus route in Italy includes a number of stops where you can get off to visit an attraction or landmark before catching the next bus that passes, and is ideal for visiting Naples in a day without the hassle and delays of getting around the city by public transportation. These city sightseeing buses have two levels: the lower level is covered and the upper level is open top for great views of the city from above.
Hop-on-hop-off sightseeing buses in Naples have two routes:
- Line A: cultural highlights. This route departs from Piazza Municipio and crosses the historic center, passing artistic and architectural treasures along the way. Buses pass every 30 minutes and the entire route takes about 65 minutes to complete.
- Line B: views over the bay. This route departs from Piazza Municipio and skirts the coastline to Posillipo and back. Buses pass every 30 minutes and the entire route takes about 70 minutes to complete.
Naples hop on hop off bus route map:
Tickets for the hop-on-hop-off bus are valid for 24 hours and you can catch buses on either route as many times as you'd like during that time. There is an audio guide on board with commentary about the sights along the route in 8 languages, free wifi, and maps of the city. There is also a dedicated app so you always know when the next bus will be passing.
Here is a complete list of the stops on both routes of the Naples open-top sightseeing bus:
- Line A: Piazza Municipio, Piazza Dante, Archaeological Museum, Sanità, Capodimonte, Catacombs of San Gennaro, Piazza del Gesù, Piazza Bellini, Porta San Gennaro, Palazzo Caracciolo, Piazza Garibaldi Corso Umberto, Piazza Bovio, Piazza Municipio.
- Line B: Piazza Municipio, Piazza Vittoria, Viale Dohrn, Mergellina, Capo Posillipo, Marechiaro, Parco Virgiliano, Via Petrarca, Rotonda Diaz, Piazza Vittoria, Chiatamone, Via Acton, Piazza Municipio.
If you purchase your ticket online, you can get on and off the bus as many times as you'd like by showing your ticket on your smartphone. The meeting point and information booth for both routes are in Piazza Municipio at Largo Castello opposite the Maschio Angioino.
The first bus departs at 9:30 a.m. and the final bus departs at 5:30 p.m.
Is there a hop-on-hop-off bus in Pompei?
The Cityseeing shuttle is a convenient way for cruise passengers to reach the Pompeii archaeological site. The bus leaves from Piazza Municipio, Porto or Piazza Garibaldi and goes directly to ruins of Pompeii. This sightseeing bus is especially convenient for those who arrive on a cruise and want to reach the excavations of Pompeii without changing. The Cityseeing shuttle is air-conditioned and has an audio guide in various languages, so you can learn about the history of Pompeii as you ride. In addition, the bus has a toilet on board, so you can avoid having to make unnecessary stops along the way.Book online the bus Naples-Pompeii
Is there a hop-on-hop-off bus to Sorrento?
Unfortunately, there is no cityseeing bus line that goes to Sorrento. You have to use the Circumvesuviana train from Piazza Garibaldi or hydrofoils from the port.
How to get to Sorrento from Naples